Dear ICCN Members,
We are very pleased to inform you that the ICCN and the Gangneung City Government will hold the 8th General Assembly in Gangneung, Korea from 25 to 26 November 2021.
The meeting was originally scheduled to be held in 2020. However, the Covid-19 Pandemic stopped us from our getting together, but not forever.
This year’s General Assembly will be held in online on the 25th and 26th November with the theme of “Local policies for the safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in the Post Covid-19 era.”
The Covid-19 Pandemic is the common challenge that threatens the safeguarding our local intangible cultural heritage.
We will meet together, communicate together and share our wisdom.
We really wish that all the ICCN members join this year’s General Assembly and that it serve as the new momentum to revitalise our valuable intangible cultural heritage in the Pandemic era.
All participants are kindly requested to send the registration form to Young-mi Choi, coordinator of the 8th Assembly in Gangneung (email@example.com ) and Mar Navarro, coordinator of the Secretariat of ICCN (firstname.lastname@example.org ). Participants who wish to present their policies are advised to notify it in the registration form.
More dettailed information, official invitation and registration form as follows:
Also, we remind you that now we are in a decisive moment to establish next year’s organization, that’s why we are calling -the members that have not done it yet- to fill the Application if you are interested in being an active part of ICCN:
Confirmed participants of 8th General Assembly:
- City Hall of Algemesi (Spain)
- Valencian Museum of Festivities (Algemesí, Spain)
- Samte Ganjineye Ghoghnoos cultural-artistic institute (Zanjan, Iran)
- Haft Honare Niakane Parsi art and cultural institute –before Momenzadeh folklore art group- (Isfahan, Iran)
- Municipality of Kashan (Iran)
- Coppem (Italy)
- Folkand International Centre of Folklore and culture (India)
- Jeongseon county (Korea)
- Jeongseon Arirang Culture Foundation (Korea)
- Rimon School of Music (Israel)
- Education and Culture of the Mumicipality of Rehovot (Israel)
- Latvian Association of Local and Regional Goverments (Latvia)
- Rotorua Lakekas Council (New Zeland)
- Hong Kong Culture Herigage Studies and Promotion Association (Hong Kong)
- Paurashava Municipality (Bangladesh)
- City Hall of Gangneung (Korea)
- Isfahan Municipality (Iran)
- Beit Sahour (Palestine)
- Shiraz Municipality (Iran)
- Yiswind Institute of Multicultural Education (Beijing, China)
- Ned (Catania, Italy)
- Pusol Museum (Elche, Spain)
THE 2020 ICCN GENERAL ASSEMBLY IN GANGNEUNG (REPUBLIC OF KOREA) WAS CANCELLED BECAUSE OF COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
The 2020 General Assembly was supposed to be held during the Gangneung Danoje Festival from June 22 to 25, 2020 in the city of Gangneung, Republic of Korea.
The 8th ICCN General Assembly was supposed to deal with the issue of safeguarding intangible cultural heritages and incorporating ICH into a cultural city with the theme of “Intangible Cultural Heritage and Cultural City”.
In addition to the 2020 General Assembly, all ICCN attendants were supposed to experience rich intangible heritages of Gangneung, in particular, the Gangneung Danoje Festival which was proclaimed as the Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO in 2005 and automatically inscribed on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
More dettailed information, in the official invitation: